Saturday, April 27, 2013

Opera in the 21st Century

As you probably already know, I am an editor for the collaborative online magazine, Opera21.  This brilliant idea, launched by Jennifer Choi, has really taken off and I'm very proud to present the April 2013 issue.  The topic for this issue is Opera in the 21st Century.  There are some really interesting articles about the effects of changing technology on the opera industry and how that determines the expectations placed upon the art form.  I've attached it below so that you can easily peruse through it for yourself. 

Inside, you'll also find information about two important upcoming events:
1. a press release for New York Opera Exchange's production of Don Giovanni that I will be reviewing in May

2. details about this Monday (7pm EST) -- I will be part of an online panel addressing topics relevant to opera in the current world.  Check the Opera21 Tumblr for the link to the panel on Monday.

You'll also find the continuation of my historical fiction novella about Mozart.  What more could you ask for?  Check it out!

No comments: