Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New York Times!

"...mezzo, Kimberly Feltkamp, blended seductively with Ms. Levis in the vibrating close harmonies of Daniela O. De Matos’s 'Encounter'..." -NY Times

To be honest, I really didn't think that I'd see my name in the New York Times so soon.  But, it has happened and I couldn't be more delighted about it.

Our last concert, First Songs, was covered by music critic Zachary Woolfe.  Not only was it an honor to have him in the audience, but it was amazing to read his review.  You can read the entire article here.

The concert was a positive experience in general.  The venue, The Morgan Library, was absolutely beautiful and the acoustics in the hall were even better.  I love my fellow quartet members and I enjoy bringing new music to life.  Also, low F#s are always a treat to sing.

They just released some photos from our Winter Songfest, so I'm including them here for your enjoyment.  The first is from my performance of Ned Rorem's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" and the second is Michael Buble's rendition of "Jingle Bells" (apparently, I'm one of the Puppini Sisters).






Right now, I'm working on a production of Bach's St. John Passion.  It's amazing to be immersed in the music of a genius and to work with such talented musicians.  The orchestra sounds fantastic and it's a thrill to work with conductor Leon Bostein.  He is so in love with this work and he's such an incredible musician.  We had a special moment in rehearsal last night toward the end of the second section and we all had to take a moment to wipe away the tears.  Rufus Müller is an inspirational Evangelist and Jesse Blumberg expresses the character of Jesus with such nuance and passion.  The process has been a pleasure all around.  I'm really looking forward to the performances this weekend.

No comments: