Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rhinebeck Wildlife - 1, Kim - 0


Well, here I am at my new pad in Rhinebeck.  Do you like my backyard?  (I'm told that it's technically the front yard, but I can't bring myself to think of it that way.)  It's been a bunch of work getting settled in, but I think that I'm finally ready to go.  I've got a stash of Goldfish, so I'm all set. ;)

I went to the farmer's market this morning and they had an entire beehive on display.  It was amazing and a bit scary to see so many bees in one place.  Most of them stayed in the glass structure, but some came and went, landing on the bottles of their honey or just flying around aimlessly.  I found it so strange that the bees were completely ignoring the people, who were rather close to the bees' honey stash.

Later, I went to the mall to pick up a few things and as I was getting into my car, I felt a sharp pain on my arm.  I looked and a bee was sitting there, stinging me.  What's the chance?  I haven't been stung in at least five years, so I forgot what it feels like.  In the words of a famous British kid, "It hurt and it's still hurting."  I drove home, my arm swelling up and throbbing, and I couldn't get over the irony of it all.

After some ice, pain killers, and weird home remedies, it's doing much better.  On the bright side, I'm all moved in and ready to start orientation tomorrow.  My classes start on Tuesday.  I'm equal parts nervous and excited, which I must admit is a bit confusing.  But I know that I'm as prepared as I can be, so I'm just going to ride this thing out and do my absolute best.  I know that in a week I'll feel better about everything.

It's just amazing to see one of my dreams coming true right before my eyes.  It's been an interesting adventure getting to this point and I know that my journey as a singer will only continue to be thrilling, challenging, and unexpected.  So, here's to a new chapter!  I'm sure that I'll have tons more stories to tell soon.

No comments: