Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

As I was packing, I found myself mentally making a list of things that I've recently come to love.  Since I need a break from packing, I figured that I'd share these things with you.

1. Jessica's blog, A Soprano Steps Out

This blog has really inspired me this summer.  I especially love her post about choosing love instead of fear.  I also like her sillier posts about freezer food and shopping.  She's honest, down-to-earth, and a passionate writer.  I haven't enjoyed a blog this much in a long time.  Best of all, this summer I got to meet her, hang out with her, watch/hear her perform, and get to know what an awesome person she is.  This blog is an accurate reflection of her personality and heart, and that's what I love most about it.

2. My New Justice League Mug


Who doesn't love a new mug?  I thought that I should bring at least one of my famous/infamous mugs with me to my new place, so why not this one?  The only thing wrong with this mug is that it's completely lacking Wonder Woman.  But I guess you can't have everything...

3. Mailchimp

This is for all my singer friends out there who are thinking about starting an email newsletter.  I found this great service and, so far, I'm absolutely loving it.  I'm hoping to send out my first email newsletter in the middle of September.  If you'd like to join my mailing list, you can sign up here! :)

4. Eisley's The Valley

I've really been grooving to this CD.  Below is the video for their title song, "The Valley."

 

5. Milk and Sugar Cafe's Coffee

As you all know, I'm an absolute coffee fiend.  Some of my favorite coffee is served at the Milk and Sugar Cafe.  Chris and I went last night and I remembered just how much I LOVE that coffee.  If any of you coffee people are on Long Island, you have to check it out.  Also, if you're just a foodie, you should probably check it out as well, because their food is great.  They made this sweet potato fry sauce for us that was out of this world and their desserts are always exquisite (red velvet cake, anyone?).

6. My Little Sis's Blog

It's really too cute - my younger sister started blogging.  It's fun to see how different hers is from mine.  That's the lovely thing about blogging: it's personal, so every blog is unique. :)

Well, besides raindrops on roses and schnitzel with noodles, those are a few of my favorite things.  Feel free to share a few of your favorite things in the comments section.  Now it's back to packing for me!  Alas, packing is such sweet sorrow...

No comments: