Monday, July 9, 2012

NYCO Hope

I was sitting on my couch preparing my liveshow and listening to Chabrier's L'Etoile when my phone rang.  The caller ID read NYC Opera and I thought, "What's the chance that I just wrote a blog post about NYCO and now they're calling me?"  So I picked up.

It was a marketing representative from NYCO and she wanted to speak with me.  She told me that she'd read my blog post and wanted to inform me that I could, in fact, attend NYCO next year.  BAM and New York City Center are large enough to accommodate a sizable crowd and NYCO is offering a subscription program where you can purchase $25 tickets for each show of the season.

Naturally, I was overjoyed to hear this.  As you read in my previous post, I was extremely disappointed at my inability to attend the shows last year.  Yes, the student ticket program no longer exists, but they have come pretty close with this $100 subscription program.  You can read about all the season subscription options on the NYCO website here.

I asked the representative if she wanted me to change what I'd written and she said that there was no need to; they had simply called to tell me that I could, in fact, attend the upcoming season.  I've included the promotional video for their upcoming season below.

I'm thrilled and hopeful to hear this!  Obviously the future is bright and exciting for NYCO and I hope very much to be a part of it. :)



1 comment:

Lucy said...

This is good news! Maybe we'll see each other in the cheap seats. :)