Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Poetry Has Been Published!


Attention all lovers of music, opera, literature, and poetry!

I’m very excited to announce that my book of poetry, The Songs of Orpheus, has been published by Amazon as an Ebook. That means you can read it on your Kindle or on your computer (you just have to download the Kindle application here). I would love for you all to check it out and maybe purchase it - it’s only $2.99 (you can spend that much on one latte at Starbucks). Not only is it about 50 pages of my poetry, but there are photographs dispersed throughout to add to the mood of the book.

The Songs of Orpheus is a chapbook in two parts: the first is a collection of 23 poems based on the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. Narrated by Orpheus, it isn’t simply a retelling of the story. Instead, it’s an artistic view on the major themes of the myth, adding decoration to the basic scaffolding of the original plot. The second part is composed of stand-alone poems which all explore the artist’s view of the world, with a strong emphasis on music and culture. The first half is heavily influenced by Gluck’s opera Orfeo ed Euridice and the second half has many musical allusions, including Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, Rossini’s The Barber of Seville, and Massenet’s (Goethe’s) Werther so you will really appreciate it if you’re a music lover.

I’ve worked hard on this little book and I’m very happy to see it finally published. I’d love to share my work and passion with you, so if you’d like to check it out, please do. Also, if you read it and have opinions about it, please leave a review. I’m trying to make my place in the literary world and every little bit helps!

You can buy it by clicking the title above or by clicking here. Even if you can’t buy it, I’d love for you to promote it to your friends. Also, here is my official Author Page.

You guys rock and I really hope you enjoy it!!

1 comment:

eyesometric said...

It looks as though you are flourishing in all directions! Well done you and keep up the good work.