Thursday, October 20, 2011

Super Update!

There is so much going on right now! I could just drown in music, but instead, I'll write this blog to let you know what I'm up to!

First of all, Eugene Onegin with Delaware Valley Opera was an incredible experience. I had the opportunity to collaborate with so many talented and experienced artists! I learned some very important craft (and life!) skills from my cast- and crew-mates.

Here's a picture of me as Mama Larina with my "daughters." They had to make me look old with makeup because apparently I "look like I'm 2." LOL. Like I said, I really loved working with them.

That's why I'm very excited to work with DVO again soon in their production of Hansel and Gretel. I'll be singing Hansel in their abridged, children's version of Humperdinck's opera. I adore the role of Hansel and I'm so beyond excited to be singing it so soon! That production will run in December and will be on tour throughout the Delaware Valley area (NY and PA).

But right now, I'm focusing on L'elisir d'amore with Divaria Productions. They mounted this production last Spring and they've been asked to revive it for a private dinner party in Tuxedo Park. How cool is that? It's like Ariadne auf Naxos without the Composer. I've performed in some really interesting places, but I've never before performed in a ballroom! I'm looking forward to the experience: it should be unique!

Besides all this opera stuff, I've been applying to grad schools and summer programs. Some programs have really streamlined their application process this year and I appreciate it. I mean, I still spend hours filling these things out, but it seems like less to me.

Well, that's all for now, but I'll keep you updated as things progress. I have things lined up for the spring, too, so there's tons to talk about!

Also, I wanted to let you know that I have a very active blog over at Tumblr. It's Operarox! and not only do I post opera-related things every day, but I host opera liveshows where opera lovers come to chat about opera. I show clips on a given topic and then we discuss them. Past topics have been: Love Duets, Best Sidekicks, Unknown Singers, Old School Heroes, and Scary Moments in Opera. It's a lot of fun and I would suggest it to anyone who enjoys opera. I'm also currently running a contest to boost my following and I'll be giving away opera prizes. So far, I've announced two prizes: a Don Giovanni DVD and a Susan Graham CD. So if you're on Tumblr, stop by and check out my blog! If not, you might want to check it out because there's a fun and vivacious opera-loving community on there that would love to have you!

I hope you are all well and I'm looking forward to all the fun stuff that's happening!

1 comment:

Smorg said...

Awesome! Good to see you're doing well, Kim. Thanks a bunch for updating. Have fun at the opera!! :oD