Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tonight!

Pretty Gown √
Nails Done √
Jewelry √
Pantyhose √
Family and Friends √
Great Music √ (Memorized! √)

I'm so pumped for my concert tonight! I feel so incredibly privileged to be part of such a great group as Opera Manhattan. I can't wait to sing with my talented and fun colleagues! I just love collaborative work, especially when it involves opera music. :) Granted, I like almost anything when it involves opera music!

I arranged my life so I could take today "off" to get ready. I've found that it takes so much time to really prepare for a performance. And I could barely sleep last night! I kept waking up and making myself go back to sleep. I'm so excited!

When I was walking to dress rehearsal last Tuesday, it suddenly hit me that I'm part of a professional opera group for the first time. I passed some crew guys for the Late Show and a dancer for the new Spiderman broadway show and I thought, "I'm an artist, just like them." Here I am in Manhattan, one of the cultural capitals of the world, walking to dress rehearsal for a concert in Symphony Space. I'm working with professional opera singers and producers and coaches. It just suddenly felt so real to me. And that is a very nice feeling indeed.

I can't help but look at my life and be so incredibly grateful for everything that I've been given. I am so so blessed and I never forget that. God has given me so much. I can only hope that I give it all back tonight with my performance.

No comments: