Sunday, July 25, 2010

Land Ho!

This post will be totally opera-free. Well, okay, I lied, because I cannot help myself, but it will be mostly opera-free.

As you may or may not know, my brother is attending the Merchant Marine academy and he's currently at sea. We are able to see where his ship is on any given day. He's on his way to the Mediterranean Sea, Kuwait, India, and Singapore. And I thought I was going to be the world traveler! I never really thought any of us would be, but I guess I thought wrong. :)

So here's a picture of where his ship is today. They left from the U.S. last Sunday and they've almost completely crossed the Atlantic! It must be really cool to be on the water with nothing around you for so long. Look, he's so close to Africa! How cool is that?



I was looking at the picture of all the ships on the sea, and you'll never guess what I found!



Yes, there is a ship named Elvira! :D I just cannot escape no matter how hard I try.

So I'm proud of my little sailor brother. He spends his days in the engine room which is 100 degrees Fahrenheit on a cool day. Hey, at least he's getting paid to spend time in a sauna, right? I hope he's having fun on out on the big ocean. He hasn't been able to contact us since last Sunday, so I can't wait to see what he has to say when he gets his email address...

No comments: