Thursday, March 11, 2010

Viva Verdi!

I thoroughly enjoyed Attila at the Met on Tuesday night (3/9/10). Muti and the orchestra were thrillingly moving in this early Verdi piece. I enjoyed the singing immensely and the costumes were really cool. (Check out some pictures here at Opera Chic's blog.) The staging was extremely static; the best ways to describe this entire production is "old school." I find it ironic that a new production at the Met is the most "old school" thing that I've ever seen. I've never actually experienced the "stand and sing" style live before. (Yes, that's how young I am.) It was really interesting.

My favorite part about the whole opera was the fact that Odabella was always seen toting around Attila's sword. You have to watch out for those Italian women! ;) LOVE IT.

In other news, I've been extremely pleased with the weather as of late. It's warm and pretty about 80% of the time now! I hope it stays like this; it does wonders for my mood.

It was especially nice because I've been in the city these past two days and I didn't need to drag a heavy coat everywhere. I could walk the city in normal clothes and be comfortable. What a concept!

Life is good. I'm tired and working hard non-stop, but I love it. Viva la musica!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Long time, no blog!

Glad to hear you're doing so well. :)

Smorg said...

I'm jealous! I've never heard either Muti or Urmana live. That's got to be a special experience!

Congrats on doing well at the audition, too! Hard works are paying off, ay? Way to go, Kim! :o)

Hope winter has had its final say for the season now. :oD