Tuesday, February 2, 2010

All Good Things...


Die Fledermaus has officially come to an end, but what a great run! I couldn't have asked for a better production, a better cast, a better production team, a better costume (!). Honestly, I had so much fun and I learned so much. Overall, it was just a wonderful experience.

And so many people came out to support me! The support was completely unexpected and slightly overwhelming. Of course I can't forget to thank everyone who encouraged me throughout this process. I cherish every single kind word that was spoken to me -- and there were a lot! I really don't know how I got so lucky.

I'm definitely going to miss Fledermaus, and Orlofsky in particular, but I made the most of it and I'm proud of how it all turned out. All good things must come to an end, and I'm not unsatisfied with this ending at all. We had a great run and I am so grateful for it all. Besides, I'm sure I'll get to whip out Orlofsky again. That's one of the things I love about opera: you always have another chance to revisit these wonderful characters. He'll always be there, ready to make an appearance. I just have to wait for the opportunity. :)

I'm so happy. Just so happy. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I tottaly agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)