Saturday, September 12, 2009

Puttering



It's true; it's all true. The Merchant Marine Academy played (and defeated!) the Coast Guard Academy. I saw half of the game. I really tried to get into it but my brain just couldn't enjoy it. So at half-time, I left and my sister and I watched Vesselina Kasarova on my I-pod, played "guess that artist," and played "cast that opera" (in which an opera is proposed and you make up your dream cast). So I'm a nerd. I can't help it!

Just for the record, we decided that our ideal Cosi would be:
Fiordiligi - Malin Hartelius
Dorabella - Vesselina Kasarova
Despina - Joyce DiDonato
Guglielmo - Gerald Finley
Ferrando - Juan Diego Florez
Don Alfonso - Hakan Hagegard

1 comment:

Rae-Mae said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! And I'm Gertrude McFuzz (the part I wanted!!) And as for colleges, I don't really know. I applied for Concordia College in Moorehead, MN because it has a good music department. Then I think I'm going for the Univ of Cincinnati (and try to get into the College-Conservatory of Music).. but honestly, that's really all I know right now. If you have any suggestions for colleges, please please let me know!!