Wednesday, August 12, 2009

No FM and No AC

Hello! I finally got a stable internet connection and I couldn't be happier. Things are looking up.

I have tons of pictures to show you. I have a story to go with each of them; if I told all the stories, this post would never end and my fingers would fall off. So I'll tell you a few of my favorites.

We visited the Mozart Geburtshaus -- this is the house where Mozart was born. His family lived there until 1780 when it became too small for them. It's actually the third floor of this bright yellow building. It was so cool to stand in the room where he was born! They had two locks of his hair. He had dirty blonde, wiry-ish hair just like me!

Salzburg 056

One night we had dessert in the Mozart Cafe. I had to try the Salzburg Nockerl, a dessert that has been famous forever. It was really fantastic. It reminded me a lot of Yorkshire Pudding -- it was a cream/whip-filled baked thing with raspberries on the bottom. It was different than anything I've ever had before but it was really good.

Salzburg 059

As you can tell, this town revolves around Mozart. You'll see the various store windows and cardboard cut-outs and so on. It's really crazy and I love it. His name and face are EVERYWHERE. <3 Salzburg 031

My master classes are unbelievably amazing. Edda Moser is a fantastic teacher. She's so patient and she knows exactly how to access and attack a problem. She has such a reverence and love for Mozart. I know exactly how she feels and I love it! She teaches in three languages: German, English, and Italian (depending on what the student wants). The best part is that I can follow them all! I was shocked after the first day when I walked out and said to myself, "I understood almost everything!" That is just so cool. I love being in an environment where I'm surrounded by language.

I'm the youngest one in the class and I'm the only mezzo. It's really interesting to hear all the sopranos and watch Ms. Moser work with them. I'm learning a lot about coloratura and singing high notes just from watching.

Uncle Bob, to answer your questions: I get 25 minutes A DAY of one-on-one time with Ms. Moser and I have been recording our lessons (it is so helpful). I really can't believe how lucky I am.

I need to learn all the German in "Chacon a son gout" before tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Well, there's still plenty of stuff to do and see.

Guten Abend!

Salzburg 029

1 comment:

Pauline said...

kim and Barbara Opa and I enjoying your blog and pictures. Bob helped me sign into your blog.So happy that everything is working out.Hope that you get to Vienna this weekend.How do you like all the hairy german women,they don't own razors. Bob thanks you for his answer and so quick!!! We got to speak with Justin on Sunday when he couldn't reach Don. He sounded great --he's getting adjusted.He and his roommate got demerits for dust and ended up with 92 Have fun!!!! Love ya Gma Opa