Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Journey Begins



Here we are, two losers adventurers on our way out to Austria. We still have a ten-hour flight and an early morning layover in Vienna, but by tomorrow we will be standing in Salzburg, no doubt crying our heads off.

I never could have imagined that this day would come so soon -- that I'd be walking on the streets of Austria before my college graduation. I still can't believe that it's all really happening.

I should be updating with news (and pictures!) of our adventures on a daily basis so keep checking back! Comments, questions, requests, etc are very much encouraged and appreciated. Next time I write, I'll be on the other side of the Atlantic!

Until then, I leave you with this quote by the great conductor Sir Georg Solti:

Mozart makes you believe in God - much more than going to church - because it cannot be by chance that such a phenomenon arrives into this world and then passes after thirty-six years, leaving behind such an unbounded number of unparalleled masterpieces.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kirstie said...

Give Mozart a kissy kiss for me! <3

Leah said...

SOOO exciting!! Have a fabulous trip...can't wait to read ALL about it!! : )

Tyler said...

Kim,

With comments, questions, and requests being encouraged, I shall offer a question to you. What do you plan on singing for Edda Moser? Whatever it is, I am confident it will, indeed, be a piece of cake for you!

I am anxious to see the photos you graciously provide for us to see and to read the narratives that surely accompany them. May God protect you and bless you on your journey!

-Tyler.