Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Climb

As you can see, I haven't updated yet. This is the first time I've had an internet connection since we got here. Internet access is very limited so I'll do my best. I already have tons of pictures and even more stories.

It's very different here. Just when you think you know something, it's something totally unexpected. It's been interesting and challenging (I am NOT on vacation over here!). The master classes (school) with Edda Moser are OUT OF THIS WORLD and I'm so privileged to be here. I'm the youngest one in the class and the only mezzo soprano. (This place is overrun with sopranos! I've heard some amazing Blondechens, Gildas, Countesses, and Mimis!)

Salzburg really IS Mozart-town. Everywhere you look, he's there! It's like Disney-land and Mozart is Mickey Mouse. It's so great. The town itself is gorgeous and really cute. I love walking around; that's probably the most relaxing part of the trip.

The cafes are fantastic. I love the things that they have to eat here.

I'll try to update later with more pictures/stories/details. Until then, I leave you with this:

Me in the Mozartplatz, hailing a (rather inaccurate) statue of the master of music.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! Hope you guys are having lots of fun in mozart-town! see you soon!
~heather <33

Anonymous said...

bring us back mozart's face in mug form!

-stuart

Josephine Maria said...

I can't wait to see all your pictures and hear all the stories from your trip! Hope you're having an awesome time <3

Bob said...

Sounds like you are having a great time.
How much is class time , is it one on one?
Hope some one has recorded your singing, does the school keep a record that we can get at?
Your dreams - only you can dream such long stories.

Love
Uncle Bob