Sunday, May 10, 2009

Don't Dream It's Over

I just finished my semester-long Mozart project. YESSS!! What fun it was! And I learned so much... It's pretty much the best thing I did for school ever. And I think that's because I forgot it was for school. :)

I was so happy and relieved and sad (!) when I finished that I just sat there staring at the last line and there were tears in my eyes. Tears! I don't know where they came from. I swear, I have no idea. I didn't know how much this project meant/means to me. I guess that's what happens when you work on something for so long and then it's over. (Well, okay, there's still a lot of revising to be done, but the writing of it is done.) I spent so much time and thought-space and daydreaming on this. I can't help but feel attached to it.

And it's Mozart after all. I feel attached to anything connected to him. I don't know why; I just do.

Three days, three finals, and two juries to get through. I can make it! I will survive!

I don't want to rush it. Once this week is over, half of my friends are going home and I won't see them for another 4 months. :( Thankfully not all of my friends live far away. Still, I'm going to miss the heck out of some of them. Roadtrip!

So next year's opera is officially Die Fledermaus (in English). Auditions are the first week in the fall semester. I'm excited! This is going to be a fun show.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats on finishing your project!
Die Fledermaus should be fun.

Tyler said...

Kim,

I do not think you have any choice about rushing things; it appears from your description of recent events that things are rushing YOU! In either case I wish you excellent success on all of your projects, and congratualtions on doing "Die Fledermaus." I should like it more if it was performed in its original language, but I am sure it will be a pleasant experience anyway, and it should not be quite so strenuous for the cast members as it might be for them to learn their parts in the German vernacular.
-Tyler.