Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just For Fun

I've found a Youtube video of a piece that I'm doing in Chorale this semester. It's a vocal arrangement of Rossini's overture to The Barber of Seville. It's hysterical! It's definitely worth taking the 3 minutes to watch. I can tell you that it's as much fun to sing as it is to listen to.



I'd also like to welcome my new readers! Hey Smorg and Tyler! It's great to have you aboard. I hope you don't get too bored. ;) It's really encouraging to have new people interested in my blog. Hopefully we can get some opera-talk going. I hope to hear from you all!

With much love and -of course- much music,
~Kim

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, that was awesome...so funny!

Tyler said...

Kim,

Thank you for welcoming me to your list of readers. Unfortunately, whether through forethought or neglect, I forgot to warn you that with my following your blog posts comes a surge of comments for most of your posts; these, whether solicited or loathed, I provide to let bloggers know that I am still reading, so do not be surprised if you suddenly see an elevation in the amount of comments you receive.

As for this post, I like the video of the King's Singers singing Rossini's masterpiece. I heard a younger men's ensemble, all of its members under eighteen, sing this piece on "From the Top," but they did not add any of the comedic passages that the King's Singers brilliantly display. By the way I hope you enjoy singing it yourself!

-Tyler.

Leah said...

That is genius. I bet it's loads of fun singing it!! haha

Thanks for posting :)