Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Summer Programs (Part 1) & Other News

Last summer was...good, but I want this summer to be AMAZING! Therefore, I've begun to look into summer programs. I'm rather overwhelmed by the number of them and how many auditions I'm going to have to do, but all I can say is, "Bring it!" I'm looking at tons of other programs. I'll speak about them as I choose to pursue them. I'm still going through the "weeding out" process. I feel like I'm applying for college again! It's hard to really focus down on a few. It's a million little decisions all in succession and all leading up to one, big decision. It's a strange process. I'm muddling through (as I always do). We shall see what comes of it.

Things are coming down to the wire for opera scenes. The performance is Nov 16th! I have long rehearsals Thurs and Sun. I hope we polish everything up! I feel completely confident with the music (no small task). I just need the staging soldified. I'm really excited for the performance! I can't wait. I'm really happy that there aren't any kicklines in this one. There's only modern strangeness. OH WELL.

Speaking of modern strangeness...I'm going to see Dr. Atomic this Sat. Can't wait! I love Gerald Finley. I hope I get to speak to him! And Sasha Cook. :) They're both such great singers. I'm really looking forward to this production. Besides, there's science (I hope) in this and that makes me happy. :)

I just really want to go to the Met. NOW. I miss it. I'm suffering from Met Opera withdrawal. It's okay though; I've been too busy anyhow and I'll get my fix in Dec/Jan. I'm going once a week for three weeks in a row starting Dec 30. :D I don't know how I managed this, but I'm glad I did!

More to come!

No comments: