Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tomorrow = A Big Day

Oh gosh. Where do I start?

A list is always good.

I'm super happy to announce that tomorrow is:
1. my opera audition (THEE opera audition!)
2. my first day of chamber singers (OMGOSH, I ACTUALLY MADE IT! How did this happen?)
3. school, school, school from 9:35am to 10:00pm (if I'm lucky)

I can already tell that I'm going to have a lot to talk about.

1. my opera audition

I've been waiting all summer for this audition and it's finally almost here! I feel ready. I even picked out my outfit (I haven't done that since middle school). It was hard to pick out something appropriate. I'm singing Handel's Bel Piacere (from Agrippina) and Che faro senza Euridice? from Gl├╝ck's Orfeo ed Euridice. Orfeo is a pants role so I have to wear something generic or slightly boyish. That's not too hard for me. I'm going to wear pants and a sweater-vest/collared-shirt thing. I'm still deciding on the shoes. It's going to be a long day. I just might need my Tony Hawk sneakers (complete with piano-key shoelaces!). Besides, I think that if Orfeo were around today, he'd probably wear Tony Hawk sneakers with piano-key laces. I mean, Tony Hawk sneakers are SO comfortable and he was the god of music, so the laces would make total sense. Look at me trying to justify myself.

It's going to be a killer waiting for the cast list to go up. (BTW: The opera is The Coronation of Poppea.) I just really want a part and a part that's on for more than one scene. I hope that's not asking too much. *bites fingernails*

2. my first day of chamber singers

I can't believe I actually got into chamber singers! I'm so excited! That is the best choir in the school. I'm an alto 2 with Jenn Faz (<3) and Allison M (also <3). I'm tempted to go downstairs and practice the recit for Che faro. I have it cold, but...Ahh! I need to leave it alone for two seconds! I will restrain myself.

So, I have a big day ahead tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted on the proceedings. :)

Ciao!

2 comments:

Leah said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I know you are going to knock the judges socks' off!! I can't wait to hear how it goes :) I'll be praying/cheering for you from here in VA :D

And CONGRATULATIONS on Chamber Singers!!! What an accomplishment, and as to how it happened?!? You're AMAZING. That's all :)

Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!

Leah said...

ps...i'm so tired i accidentally put the apostrophe after the "socks" instead of "judges"...kindly disregard that ;)